Monday, July 2, 2007

5 and 1/2 weeks out

Since Europe we have established the K4. Emily, Maggie, Kari, and myself are racing the K4 500m at World Championships.
Our fastest time is 1:37 and our goal is a 1:35. Our biggest goal, is to qualify for the Olympics at this World Championships.
I'm nervous. I'm nervous mainly because this is the fastest boat I've ever raced in and it seems to have unlimited potential.
We're about 5 1/2 weeks out from our race and the tension is rising. However, we seem to be pushing eachother well as a team and I fully appreciate that.
I met with Mike Shannon, the physiologist, a few days ago. We ran some tests and from the results he suggested that I focus on a lot of zone 2, steady aerobic state.
I'm trying to remain focused on training more than anything lately, however this task is harder than it seems.
I find myself getting distracted by meaningless drama within myself. I've been making every little situation into something bigger or something entirely different.
Nathan says that that is completely normal and when you are put in high stress situations everything is heightened and you become for sensitive to...everything.
Friends piss me off, boys...well...they will be boys, and my family has been somewhat neglected.
I'm taking a seminar this weekend. Its sort of like introspective education stuff so it will be loads of fun. Fun and fully confrontational. Yippeee. I'm being mildly sarcastic. It will be good, but mostly likely not fun.

1 comment:

Landen said...

Congrats on the K4!

-Landen