Sunday, July 15, 2007

Down Hill from Here

We just completed that last hard week of training of the season. Additionally, it turned out to be the most rewarding for me. I know I hit this past week with 100%. I was extremely happy with it. I must have hit the wall at least a dozen of times, and each time I pushed through. I completed each workout coming out a better athlete than I entered.

Wed. must have been the hardest. We have 6x3k. Emily and I switched off wash-leads. Thank goodness, because I wouldn't have been able to do it had we not.
I was exhausted by the end of the first two, and then, somewhere before the 6th things got easier. Maybe it was when we crossed over the hump of number three, or maybe it was something else.

I finished with my arms shaking and not being able to move.

It was a great feeling.

No comments: