Friday, September 7, 2007

Be in touch!

I head back to San Diego on monday. I'm kind of excited. Its been a couple of months since I've been situated in one place for more than a few days. I'm starting to dream a lot which always happens when I move from one place to another often.

Life is fairly slow at the moment, but I'm forcing myself to stay active physically, and in looking for sponsors.

When I return to San Diego I will start my public speaking series in the Southern CA school system. This is something I've talked about doing for a long time...and now I'm finally actually doing it.

I was up in Lake Placid New York for a couple of days. I worked with Terry Kent making a Kayak Fitness video. I got to paddle all different boats, Sprint, Surf Ski, and wildwater on Mirror Lake and Lake Placid. Its beautiful up there!

I had a bit of an adventure hiking Cascade with my mom on Wednesday morning. She slipped and caught her finger on a rock dislocating it. I splinted it with a sturdy stick and some hair rubber bands. I'm so resourceful! It was pretty scary. Cascade is a rocky hike, so its pretty steep coming down.

Luckily, the Doctor set it back into place and she can move it already! She paddled that afternoon....nuts.

I'm still on my hunt for sponsorship. I'm networking with a lot of people but I've yet to have a fish to bite. I need to make a list of potential sponsors and approach them with my sponsorship package. That's truly the scariest part.

I know I'm worth...especially with my plan for next year. But I would be one of the first sprint kayakers from my era to really be pursuing sponsorship. Uncharted waters!

Please spread the word and if you're interested in recieving my bio and sponsorship information please email me at SusannahStucchio@yahoo.com

No comments: