Friday, August 31, 2007

New York, New York

I've been staying with my uncle on 91st and York, which has been fairly incredible. The view is great and I've had a blast running around the city. Its so convenient...you truly can't beat the location.
Maybe I'm getting old, but New York seems a little fast paced...duh. I love the excitement and the culture, however people need to slow down a little bit. I walk fast compared to San Diego, but I walk like a gimp compared to New Yorkers.
Its fun though. I went out for drinks at a Tapas restaurant with my uncle last night. It was funny...one moment I'm eating Chorizo and drinking white wine with a bunch of suits and the next my best friend picks me up and takes me to the biggest dive bar on the lower east side. It was called something docs....I got a splinter from the bar....yes that dive. Then we drove over to the restaurant he manages called Hill Country. I walked in and was instantly hungry. Its a huge BBQ joint. I only tasted the mac and cheese but the ribs looked tasty. I also tried a mullet...which was...interesting.
I was in bed by 1am...not bad for NY standards considering all the bars stay open until 4am here. I'm an old fart because I'm so used to 2am closing at the BE.
I head up to Sebago lake on Sunday to do a clinic with the little kiddies. I will also get to paddle! Haven't done that in about two weeks! Woopee! Should be a pleasant Labor day weekend.
Once I head back to San Diego I the 10th I will begin my public speaking tour of the Chula school system. That should be fairly exciting!
Oh keep your eyes open...in the next couple of weeks my brother and I will be in The Journal News of Westchester and Rockland Country NY.

No comments: