Wednesday, August 5, 2009

the life and art of lululemon


My one year working for lululemon is coming up later this month.
I find it exciting. It doesn't feel like a year, but looking back, I see how much of developed and how much more knowledge I have than I did when I began. Its as simple as realizing how much I didn't know then, and knowing now how much I still don't know!

I had the chance to help open the La Jolla Store, and now I will still be there AND I get to help develop and grow the Downtown Showroom. I feel honored.

Not only do you get to wear Astro Crops and French Terry to work, get to practice handstands between helping guests, and re-stock the store in funny accents, but you learn how to run the store and business. Each of us, especially those who have been here since the beginning, can walk around the store and really take ownership of it. Now, I get to pass that on and train other people to become great educators.

Its fun. I love our community. I love the integration of lululemon with the Crossfit Community. It feels like I'm in the right place, in all dimensions of my life. Everything is connected even if its unrelated.

Make sure you stop by the new showroom this weekend on G between 7th and 8th. And stop by for our first free crossfit class on Sunday at 10am.

No comments: