Monday, August 17, 2009

lulufit and Crosslemon?



I competed at the Crossfit Games this year and was beyond surprised at the amount of people wearing lululemon. It took me about 3 minutes to realize I would have my work cut out for me if I tried to converse with everyone wearing lululemon to gather vital product feedback for our designers. At one point I thought I should ask if some of the other competitors also worked at lululemon. The amount of neon run shorts was overbearing during the final woodchipper wod.

Being a staff member of lululemon I don't take for granted that almost my entire wardrobe is lululemon down to my lacy luluthong. I also don't take for granted how much lululemon is transforming from "yoga inspired" to "crossfit-wear". It makes total sense.

Crossfit is about not specializing in a sport; its about being the best all around athlete. We're yoga inspired and yet the quality, durability, and four-way stretch is completely versatile and in demand by all disciplines. My Astro Crops withstand chalk, oly bars, and rope burns, while still flattering my disadvantaged squat butt.

Even though John Wellbourne, creator of Crossfit Football, thinks our men's pants "Are so tight that you can tell what religion I am" I'm convinced we have something to offer in that department as well. I can't help but believe that the Kung Fu Pants have the best protection and durability for Deadlift shin scuffs. And although most crossfitters end up shirtless before the workout even starts, our anti-stink vent techs are perfect for the crossfitter who may not be 100% confident in his 6 pack yet.

Believe me, there is more to come on this subject. What truly makes it Crosslulu is the community connection which I will touch on later this week. But now I must get my beauty sleep before I teach the squat clean tomorrow morning. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Susannah this is pretty awesome... It's a good read in the morning before I go to work... keep it up..

Terrance