Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Cupid Who?

My mom arrived this morning at about 11am.
She was sitting on the dock drinking coffee when I rolled in from my 12k paddle. I quickly showered, made oatmeal with walnuts and raspberry yogurt and joined my mom.
We chit chatted a bit; it was lovely. She happened to mention, this guy (we will call him Tyrone.) who she dated years ago. Our directionless small talk quickly took a u-turn.
My mother got fairly emotionally attached for a relationship that wasn't very involved. She stared down the canal and began to contemplate.
"I tend to be really attracted to men who-"
I cut her off and said "Unattainable?"
"Heh, yes but that's not what I was going to say. I'm attracted to brilliant men."
Tyrone happened to be trilingual and very accomplished in his field of work (Law).
"Were you in love with him?" I asked abruptly, realizing it was slightly intrusive to ask such a question so forwardly.
She didn't hesitate and answered "Yes, desperately."
She sighed "What a waste of an emotion."

Those are my Valentine's Day thoughts.

No comments: